Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Mainstream Ruins EVERYTHING!

Mainstream television ruins EVERYTHING! Why do I say this? Well let me explain, there were shows that I loved on YouTube and some I could care less for that are now on TV. BLAH! I loved Kids React which was Teens React and even Elders React. These videos were people reactions to some of the craziest and weirdest things on the internet. From possessed videos to the Friday video. The reactions of these people were hilarious. But now it is on Nickelodeon SMH. Now don’t get me wrong the first time I saw the commercial I got excited because it was one of my favorite things to look at on YouTube but the show was TRASH! Just garbage, I felt like Nick just tried to find the cutest kids to say comments that seemed like they were told to say to be funny and cute. Which was not the case at all. Another show they took off of YouTube was The AnnoyingOrange which is on Cartoon Network. I didn’t find this show funny on YouTube and it is less funny on TV if that is even possible. They even took Fred from YouTube and gave him a show and about 3 movies which were funny well at least the first one. They also turned him into a show which I think only lasted one season because that too was trash. I’m not sure what these network producers are doing taking amazing shows on YouTube and trying them into some mainstream garbage. It sucks that money can make anyone do something which is the complete opposite of how the original show is conducted. It reminds me of this iCarly episode where a network brought her show and changed the whole concept to the point where she tried to get out of the contract but she was trapped. (iCarly was an amazing show by the way) I bet this happens with a lot of youtube shows that get brought by big TV networks. The worst part is that when they get brought out they have to give up their rights to the show and the concept altogether. Sometimes I wish money wasn't the motive, but I should be crazy for thinking like this…

http://www.pariscine.com/sites/default/files/affiches_series_tv/fred_the_show.jpg


1 comment:

  1. I'm not surprised. When these companies have the money they have the motive, and its completely different from the origins stars. like you said their signing their rights, so they have no say in what direction the show goes in. I'm pretty sure the original stars are disappointed because they probably think its trash too. Its kind of sad because these shows were created out of enjoyment not money. That's how they became popular in the first place. In the Image-Based Culture article we read it talked about how advertisers gear their ads towards what they think the consumer wants to feel. I'm sure the television companies do the same. Their not the kids watching but assume they know what they want, in the end ruining the show.

    ReplyDelete